Monday, December 8, 2014

Driving Again Soon?

Today, I was given a series of cognitive function tests by a neurologist to determine if I am ready to drive or not.  These tests included ability to remember and recite strings of numbers forward and backward, replicate drawings from memory and some puzzles involving correctly when of drawing lines between various numbers and letters. He decided that I was doing better than the average person my age who has not had a stroke and ordered up an actual driving test next.  I suppose I will be nasty, and say that I am doing better than many drivers who were too busy text Ing to actually look at the windshield.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds pretty good to me.

    "better than the average" has always been a goal for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Egad, that horrible Captcha validation is back.

    I was going to say, that's the next million dollar idea. A hud for your car to display your smartphone, and a texting keypad for the steering wheel.

    That goes in the file with scented bubble wrap for women to pop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As an aggregate, it is amazing how well and how co-operative US drivers ARE. All kinds of people in all kinds of motor vehicles with all kinds of different goals and incentives.....but they rarely damage or injure each other. It's a miracle!

    You have always been an excellent driver. I expect that to continue.

    ReplyDelete