Friday, February 7, 2014

In The Mail: This Nonviolent Stuff'll Get You Killed: How Guns Made The Civil Rights Movement Possible

The book isn't out yet; I received a galley proof from Basic Books.  It looks quite interesting. Most curious of all, it is by Charles E. Cobb. Jr. "Visiting Professor at Brown University's Department of Africana Studies and a former field secretary for the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee."  I suspect that he has first-hand experience about what he writes!

It tickles my ego a bit to think that I am important enough that they wanted me to read it and write a cover blurb for it.

I need to get a review of Stephen P. Halbrook's Gun Control in the Third Reich: Disarming the Jews and "Enemies of the State" written for PJMedia this weekend, and start reading Cobb's book.

2 comments:

  1. Yep, need a review of Holbrook 'cause I can't link to the review until its published.

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have sent the review to PJMedia. They are getting increasingly difficult to get published in, but perhaps this will tickle their fancy.

    ReplyDelete