Wednesday, October 7, 2026

Finally Took a Look At My Sky

I have been so busy unpacking telescopes and shop that I have not taken a serious look at my night sky.

I have the mount for the Televue-85 on the back porch which is so dark that I absolutely will need my little red LED headlamp to avoid injuries.  It is dark there at a level at which the last two houses could only hint.  To my pleasure, not only are the third magnitude stars of Lyra visible, they do not require averted vision to see them. While not at the level of my house in the hills north of Boise, the Milky Way is visible above me. The area by the shop of which where the telescopes will roll once I have a pad poured is likely even darker.

I am too tired right now but tomorrow night I will start setting up about 8:30. Being closer to the equator, the Sun sets much faster and the sky gets dark much more dramatically. 

No comments:

Post a Comment