Sunday, July 24, 2022

A Pail of Air

I have mentioned this as one of my favorite short science fiction stories before by Fritz Leiber.  I am reading Galaxy Science Fiction Superpack #1 on Kindle.  I cannot remember if it was free or just cheap and just ran into it in there.  And even reading it the third time it is powerful and hopeful as any story can be where Earth is so cold that liquid helium is the top layer on top of the frozen layers of atmosphere. 

Also, another classic science fiction writer: Murray Leinster "Med Ship Man" is one they I had never seen before and for a story written at least 50 years ago, it is not hopelessly dated or clumsy.

2 comments:

  1. I remember "A pail of Air".

    The other, not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. $2.99 on Kindle. I'll give it a try.

    ReplyDelete