Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Almost Like A Parody of Liberal Thinking

From 2/2/16 Associated Press:
The D.C. Council is voting on a bill Tuesday that includes a proposal to pay residents a stipend not to commit crimes. It's based on a program in Richmond, California, that advocates say has contributed to deep reductions in crime there.

Could someone start paying me to not rob banks?


Jim said...

This reminds me of the short-lived series, "After MASH" where Radar tells of his first encounter with the US Agricultural Department which payed him because he didn't grow a certain crop and he was thinking of not growing several other crops!

This is just a sickness on so many levels.

Billll said...

I was thinking of asking them for half the suggested stipend, $4500, in return for which I promise not only to never commit a crime in D.C. but also to never, ever, set foot in the place.

Since some of the things I do now in Colorado are crimes in D.C. I think this is quite reasonable.