Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Haven't We All Had This Temptation?

From The Smoking Gun:
A Colorado man who has been “fighting with his computer for the last several months” unloaded a volley of shots into his Dell tormentor, resulting in the death of the computer and him being cited for discharging a firearm, cops report.
Yes, a Dell tormentor.  I have an HP tormentor, sitting in the corner now.   It worked well enough for him to buy a pistol through Craig's List, which he used in the alley behind his house. 
The late Dell XPS 410 model, seen in the above police evidence photo, is survived by a monitor and a keyboard.

Hinch, pictured above right, clipped his computer behind the Colorado Springs residence he shares with his girlfriend (and from which the couple operates a homeopathic herb store).
Hmmm. I guess the gun culture has spread beyond its traditional setting.

3 comments:

  1. Curious that he purchased a "banned/prohibited from being sold on Craigslist" item from a Craigslist seller. I've wondered if a local seller who often lists things like "leupold" with no further description or photo is attempting to walk-within-the-letter of the site rules while implicitly saying "phone me up, I might have other things that you are looking for".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Douglas2, No doubt there is sellers on Craiglist doing that sort of thing. Many other such goings on. For example, trying to procure or sell drugs or sex.

    Clayton,
    I can also relate to shooting the computer. Often though of it myself, but always with the preface to the thought of "throw the damn thing in the truck and drive to the outdoor shooting range and then shoot it." What an idiot that guy is...If only I could afford NFA guns and 50 cal rifles then shooting it would be especially pleasurable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Homeopathic herbs eh? "Wow! You mean I have to type in my password every time I come back from munchies?"

    ReplyDelete