Saturday, August 23, 2014

The Microsoft Login Problem

My guess is that whatever problem I am seeing is specific to my environment or W8 victims would be screaming up a storm.  My W8 notebook is talking through the guest wifi here in the hospital.   Like most guest wi-fis, attempts to contact a remote server go to a servver that requires you to approve a conditions, of use page, before allowing the http request through to target server.  I suspect that however W8 is validating the Microsoft login, isn't handling an inability to get a legitimate response from;  I may have to wait until I am home henc.


KCSteve said...

You could try getting off of the guest WiFi onto your own connection. Verizon will give you a tablet to use as a hotspot. $10 / month for the ability to share it's connection. Whatever provider you use probably has a similar deal. You might be able to just turn on tethering on your phone.

Just watch how much data you run through it.

Rick C said...

It may be too late, but you didn't need to create a microsoft login. There's an option to do it when you first boot, but you have to hit "advanced" or something like that.