Monday, August 6, 2012

Groovy, Man, Let Me Get Back To My Electric Typewriter To Write a Review

Someone at church mentioned that there was a place that served gluten-free pizza at Glenwood and State in Boise, and since we were in the neighborhood, my wife and I tried to find it.  It turned out to be Pizzalchik.  It's not fancy, but the restaurant theme made me feel like I had walked back into 1969.  Everyone is wearing tie-dyes.  Reefer Madness movie posters.  Customers who look like they walked off the set from a Cheech & Chong movie.  And yet, most of the customers must be the children or even grandchildren of the Summer of Love.

Anyway, in spite of the disconcerting countercultural vibe, they did as good as job as you can with gluten-free pizza crust, and all their pizza toppings are also gluten-free.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, man... That's really far-out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get back to it?

    I prefer it for first drafts over the computer to be honest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Far out! Of course gluten-free is more common in La-la land.
    I'm still looking for gluten-free whole-wheat.

    ReplyDelete