This article from the February 26, 2012 San Francisco Chronicle is just too sordid to summarize and too long to quote. But it has:
1. The California State Treasurer
2. His wife, 30 years younger than him, and an Alameda County Commissioner. (For those in other parts of America: the county commission is the elected legislative body for county government in California.)
3. A sex-tape involving the wife and...someone else.
4. Alcohol and meth addiction.
5. The wife injured--and her lover claims it was self-defense.
Will someone please tell me why such sleazy people run California? I mean, besides the possibility that they accurately represent the moral character of the population?