Monday, January 16, 2012

Barska Scopes?

I saw this ad for the Barska 4-16x50mm sniper scope, and I confess that I was intrigued by the price: $99 delivered for an illuminated reticle mil-dot scope with rings.  I know that bargains like this are usually Chinese made--and often not such bargains after a bit of hard use.  The reviews are very positive "for the price."  Have any of my readers used Barska scopes?

UPDATE: There is a rather tragic conversation about Barska scopes here and another one here.  It does appear that they are worth what you pay for them, but nothing more.  They do not seem to be terribly durable, and quality control is about what you would expect from cheap Chinese optics.

1 comment:

  1. Meh, Chinese junk. Look at Mueller Optics, they give a lot of bang for the buck.

    ReplyDelete