Friday, January 20, 2012

Boise Residents Who Plan To Ski...

Do it in the next several days.  Snow will stop falling sometime this coming week for the rest of the winter, perhaps for a decade or more.  I went to Bucks 4x4 and had them order up the Agri-Cover SnowSport 180 personal snow plow and the 2" front trailer hitch receiver, which arrive this coming week.  What they charged me for installation of the receiver on the TrailBlazer was so low that it was not worth my aggravation installing it myself.

The guy at Bucks indicated that they install the Agri-Cover snow plows on SUVs and trucks pretty often, and customers are very happy with them.  I hope that will include me.

5 comments:

  1. You know you can also get winches that are mounted on a plate that fits into the 2 inch receiver. What's neat about those is that you can swap them front to rear as needed or leave them in the garage entirely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I figured that out from talking to the guy at Bucks. He said that in summer, about 80% of the receivers are installed for winches, and in winter, about 80% are installed for plows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you, Clayton, are living with that weather instead of me (your 95 yr old mom).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad that you, Clayton, are the one living with that kind of weather instead of me (your 95 yr old mom).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you're putting too much faith in your power as a consumer to alter the climate of Boise.

    If you are correct, however, I suggest you contact Al Gore and Michael Mann immediately. There could be some grant money in it for you. ;-)

    ReplyDelete