Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Always Nice To See Good News

From January 3, 2012 Reuters:

(Reuters) - Al Qaeda, the Afghan Taliban and Pakistani militants have held a series of meetings aimed at containing what could soon be open warfare between the two most powerful Pakistani Taliban leaders, militant sources have said.
Hakimullah Mehsud, the head of the Pakistani Taliban, also known as the Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP), and his deputy, Wali-ur-Rehman, were at each other's throats, the sources said.
"You will soon hear that one of them has eliminated the other, though hectic efforts are going on by other commanders and common friends to resolve differences between the two," one TTP commander said.
I remember reading some years ago a description of one of the reasons that Arab societies have not had a great track record of stability is that a common attitude is: "Me against my brother, my family against my cousins, my cousins against the world."

No comments:

Post a Comment