Her paper set this year's benchmark for confused student prose. A hallucinogenic lit-crit puree of Finnegans Wake and Bridezillas, for long stretches it was undecipherable....
I tried to imagine the circumstances that would result in her submitting an assignment of such desperately poor quality. The thing read like the free association of a disordered mind. I pictured her writing it in a bar, or while driving to class or skydiving. Maybe she composed it as one long text message to herself. By any rational standards, this was failing work.
Conservative. Tennessee (now). Ex-Idaho. Software engineer. Historian. Trying to prevent Idiocracy from becoming a documentary.
Email complaints/requests about copyright infringement to clayton @ claytoncramer.com. Reminder: the last copyright troll that bothered me went bankrupt.
Monday, October 17, 2011
Deep In The Basement of the Ivory Tower
A friend sent this book to me a few days ago, and when I don't find myself crying along with the author, I find myself laughing so hard it hurts. Professor X has some very witty writing:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
As someone who has started skydiving, I think I'm qualified to say that anything written while skydiving would be far more interesting. And by interesting I mean horrible.
ReplyDeleteI would not discount the hallucinogenic part.
ReplyDeleteI am sure she snacked well while typing.