Monday, July 20, 2026

Lost Keys

I misplaced the keys that hold the roof rail crossbars on my wife's Hyundai. I eas planning to pay a locksmith to fit keys for them.


In Hyundai Tucson glove box, a stately key set i did find.

2 comments:

  1. Most keys - that are not your car keys - are not very unique. Once upon a time you could look up what key went with what. (Most job boxes, pickup truck tool boxes, etc. all have the same key.) And then the keys were available on Amazon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, yes, clear plastic ziplock bags. Like Post-it notes when they burst upon the office scene in the early eighties, How did we ever get along without them. My dad had to make do with baby food jars from his three sons, and I've discovered a certain utility to the little orange drug bottles that I am just swimming in since I've appeared with so many conditions and syndromes that are ameliorated by some drug or another.
    Back to the Ziplock bags, when I did motion practice and made appearances at the main civil court downtown, to make clearing the metal detector with all the other lawyers standing in line with me, I brought a 1 gallon or two gallon bag with me and stuffed Keys, wallet, pen, wristwatch, sunglasses and telephone into it so I could put it in the bowl and send it through the x-ray machine as quickly as I could flop my briefcase onto the conveyor.
    Like Electricity and computing power, we're just discovering what can be done with plastic

    ReplyDelete