Wednesday, June 26, 2024

Windows 11 Print Spooler Death

My laptop works perfectly.   My wife's HP Pavillion which is also running Windows 11 periodically loses all of its printers leaving her only with PDF as her printer choice.  The print spiller apparently dies and needs to be restarted.   I have done this successfully once by going into Task Manager and finding the sleeping (or is it dead?) spooler task and restarting it.  My wife found other less explicate solution.  Unplug the wireless HP LaserJet, plug it back in and suddenly the LaserJet and her local Canon ink jet printer reappear and everything works.  This was a recurring problem at the last house.  Now we just had our first such incident here.  This sort of thing creates a yelling, foot stomping crisis.  Unless one of you is more helpful, I will contact GeekSquad in the morning to remotely solve it.  At least I want a batch file that forces the spooler to cone back to life.

No comments:

Post a Comment