Wednesday, May 22, 2024

I Need Some Help Here

I am trying to check some footnotes that came from an amicus brief that I helped write for the Heller case.  Before using this information in a declaration, I want images of these pages.

David Critchley, The Origin Of Organized Crime In America: The New York City Mafia, 1891-1931, at 285 n. 81(2009); Thomas A. Reppetto, American Mafia: A History Of Its Rise To Power 105 (2004); Sid Feder and Joachim Joesten, The Luciano Story 53-54 (1994).
Jay S. Albanese, Organized Crime in Our Times 141-42 (2011).
Edward Behr, Prohibition: Thirteen Years That Changed America 240-41 (1996).

Use worlddcat.org to see if any of these books are in a library near you.  I can interlibrary loan them, but we are coming up on filing deadline for a Rhode Island case.

If you can obtain these pages, even with your cellphone and an image of the title page, it would help a lot.

These are about states with discretionary license laws which issued carry licenses to mobsters.
I am impressed how fast you great people are signing up.

3 comments:

  1. David Critchley, The Origin Of Organized Crime In America: The New York City Mafia & Edward Behr, Prohibition: Thirteen Years That Changed America, are available at the UC Davis library - two miles form my home

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're covered. I'll have them for you by tonight.

    BTW, what about the two books you needed from Internet Archive?

    They may also be available in the libraries I'll be visiting. Be a shame if they are there and I don't get them.

    But I need the titles and pages within the next half hour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buy a used copy from Thrift Books for less than $5.00 you can get 2 day delivery or faster

    ReplyDelete