Tuesday, August 25, 2020

More Lynching Surprises

 The popular conception of a Southern lynching is a black man accused of raping a white woman is dragged from the jail by enraged white men and hung.  (I suspect To Kill A Mockingbird created this stereotype.)

As I have previously mentioned, I have found black lynch mobs killing black men.  Yesterday's surprise.  White lynch mob kills black men accused of murdering a black man:

I do not claim these incidents are typical; I am hunting for mass murders and these are what I find.  Still different than I expect.


1 comment:

  1. Every time I see such headlines, I think of "The Man on the Train." and how the modus Operandi of so many murders across the country were the same even though they were in different parts of the country.

    ReplyDelete