Monday, June 15, 2020

Has Anyone Seen A "Jesus Walking With Trump" Meme?

I have heard of it, but I cannot find it.  I would like to think every Christian is walking with Jesus, some better than others, as we grow spiritually.  But just because you approve of his Supreme Court nominees (and one recent decision has disappointed me greatly, by one of his appointees), do not equate them.  Trump has an ugly history (as do most Christians).  I am told that some Christians have become rather cozy with the "Jesus sent us Trump" idea, although I confess that I do not know anyone who claims that.

Every person comes into our lives for a reason, sometimes for our benefit, sometimes to our detriment.  Does God direct every such encounter?  Not necessarily, but good, even if it is a lesson to us or to others, can come out of those unfortunate encounters. 

Shortly before I was born again, I dated a young Christian gal who was a cousin of my friend Jeff Callahan.  I was trying to take the relationship in a sinful direction.  Fortunately, she had her head on straight, and nothing untoward happened.  But she did get me to go to Westchester First Church of the Nazarene Church with her one Sunday;  I was so impressed with the youth pastor that when I realized how lost I was, I went to Santa Monica Church of the Nazarene which started me on my spiritual journey.  I also met my wife of forty years there.

Was I a positive influence on Ms. Callahan?  Perhaps as a low-risk warning, but the overall encounter was certainly a net positive for me.


2 comments:

  1. Lots of them:


    https://www.google.com/search?q=jesus+walking+with+trump+meme&newwindow=1&rlz=1C1CHBD_enUS891US891&sxsrf=ALeKk037I3JmohRkOrllZfGR_Qj1rPg0Fg:1592284857845&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjN3NSqy4XqAhXdRTABHRi1Ay8Q_AUoAXoECGUQAw&biw=1366&bih=625

    ReplyDelete
  2. https://imgflip.com/memegenerator/108570234/Jesus-and-Trump-Walk-on-Water

    ReplyDelete