Thursday, December 1, 2016

If I Reported This As a Rumor, It Would Be Irresponsible

One of Clinton's big fundraisers admitted himself to a psychiatric hospital in response to the Trump victory.  11/29/16 Huffington Post:
A while before, during the final hour of November 8, I had committed myself to institutional psychiatric care. A generation or two ago they would have said I was suffering a nervous breakdown: catatonic, plagued by involuntary jerking motions (my head furiously shaking “No! ”), speech patterns disjointed, weeping uncontrollably.
Terror drove me to this interrupted state. I was afraid for the nation, for the stigmatized and oppressed. I was also afraid for my own life. Because the values and principles I hold dear felt fatally incompatible with the hate and bigotry that Trumpism has come to stand for. I did not want to live in a world that would elect such a man as president.
I tumbled from quite the perch of high expectations. An official “Hillblazer,” I raised $187,000 for Hillary Clinton and down-ballot Democrats, mostly by selling tickets to events headlined by first-name-basis gay icons — Cher, Barbra, Hillary herself. (I was at the September gala when she dropped the “deplorables” line.) I canvassed in New York for our state’s primary and in Pennsylvania during the general. I phone banked, I recruited. To social media, I became The Hillary Guy, famous for my ever-buoyant posts and pictures about my candidate of choice.
And the Left wonders why many Americans think of progressivism as a mental problem?  Self-beclowning.

The comments at Instapundit's link to this are hysterical.  A few:
This fellow is not at all a walking, talking, breathing, complete confirmation of a stereotype of a drama queen.
It's either the most epic troll job in history or we've officially reached Peak Pansy.
"I'm sorry, we have no available beds. If you urgently need to hide from reality, you'll have to get tenure at a small liberal arts college."
Let me see if I understand this, this dweeb is representative of the legions of liberal milktoasts that are threatening us with 'violence' if we don't do the right thing and make Hilly the President ...anyway.
Let's be honest, how long do you really thing a replay of the Civil War would last today?
Keep in mind my wife's reaction: someone so focused on himself that he wants to be the center of attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment