Monday, June 8, 2015

More Evidence of the Stability of Same-Sex Marriage

The June 6, 2015 New York Times:
OKLAHOMA CITY — Brittney Griner filed for an annulment with Glory Johnson-Griner on Friday, a day after Johnson-Griner announced she's pregnant and a month after the two WNBA players married.

"Last Wednesday, Glory and I agreed to either legally separate, get divorced, or annul our marriage, Griner said in a statement. "I can confirm that today I filed for an annulment. In the week prior to the wedding, I attempted to postpone the wedding several times until I completed counseling, but I still went through with it. I now realize that was a mistake."
For a lot of millenials, who watched their parents' marriages fail, they had hopes that SSM would actually work better.  But I guess not.

5 comments:

  1. I doubt Brittney Griner has two X chromosomes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SSM is going to work better because they are lesbians and only men are violent? Or because there will not be any unexplained pregnancies?

    Who's the daddy?

    Read the whole article. I would have said that it was obvious satire a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's really sad is that all the news that we have today would havebeen obvious satire when I was young. Not just SSM: but a black President who is obviously an idiot; the U.S. sending troops to the Baltic Republics to prevent a Russian invasion; an international space station.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If some stupid schmuck of a man did not volunteer to be sperm donor for this pair, and they used the services of a sperm bank to complete the pregnancy, the only people the family law court can look to to determine child support are these two women. How will the support formula be applied, then? Will the court use the same formula that seems to not deduct for the man's need to maintain a separate household more expensive than one under a highway bridge?
    If the same formula is used, the non-pregnant spouse won't stand for being treated like a man, and if a different formula is used, there will be an appeal, as the actual mother will be getting less than she would had she married a man. If the decision is upheld on appeal, every man paying child support will file an action claiming an equal protection violation.
    Sorry for the length, but no proponent of same sex marriage has thought this far ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forget where I read it, but in the states that first recognized same-sex marriage, marriages between two women dissolved at a significantly greater rate than those between men. I think it was by a factor of three, but I'm not sure. A small sample, to be sure, but it comports with how hetero marriages dissolve.

    ReplyDelete