Monday, October 20, 2014

Today's Physical Therapy

involved p[utting my right hand in a gadget with that looked like a prop from Edward Scissorhands.  Lots of springs, screws, and plastic parts that when you close your fingers in exercise, pulls back to return your fingers to the open position, because in my case, the fingers close fine now, but don't reopen very well.  It had the desired result.  I am now squueezing a dog chew toy with my right hand, building up strength.  Complicating matters slightly is that Blue Cross of Idaho only covers 20 outpatient physical therapy sessions a plan year, even for post-stroke recovery, so I may be paying for the last few sessiohns out of pocket, and so far that seems well worth it.

1 comment:

  1. From a variety of experiences, I am convinced that PTs are the single most valuable medical persons that are not involved in the immediate matter of saving your life.

    (I'm not sure that means what I meant--I may be back.)

    ReplyDelete