Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Watch For Ice

I took a nasty spill on an ice covered sidewalk today; I screamed loud enough that the person inside the office I was going to visit her dream came out. At work, I walk very carefully across the parking lot because it is often icy. In this case, it was just one small patch of ice on a piece of concrete that was not level, which aggravates the slipperiness problem. Unless you are fortunate enough to live somewhere where you have to go to the refrigerator to find something icy, be careful out there.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds as though you need better traction, Clayton. I lived in Alaska for 25 years, and I think I bought every type of traction device, seeking something that would actually work. the only decent ones are made by www.32north.com, a company from Maine. I bought a pair of their Stabilicers 12 years ago, they still are working fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've fallen a couple of times in the past 2 or 3 years. Once onto my face, once the back, neither time gave me any warning, I was just DOWN! Of course, I wasn't probably paying quite as much attention as I should have been..

    ReplyDelete