Wednesday, January 16, 2013

That Sucking Sound

It is every gun in the country being bought.  Cheaper Than Dirt is always entertaining to visit; 30 round AR-15 magazines for $129.95?  At least those are in stock.  Semiauto .223 rifles?  There are 88 different models, all above $1000, and all out of stock.  Even the Barrett .50 BMG semiauto (in case blue whales ever come back on land), at $13,289.80, is out of stock.  Even the AR-7 .22LR survival rifles (which will almost certainly be exempt from any ban) are out of stock.

I'm so glad that I own S&W and Ruger stock.

If the goal is to get Americans to step back from their love affair with guns, Obama has achieved an epic fail.

4 comments:

  1. Some guy on the bulletin board at work was trying to sell 500 rounds of Federal .223 for $450.

    I thought it was .50 BMG that was supposed to be a dollar a round.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check, say, Impact Guns instead of CTD.

    Plenty of rifles in stock at high prices - this current panic makes AR-10s look like good deals.

    (I wonder how badly the anti-gun people will freak out if anyone ever tells them about the AR-10?

    "It's just like the evil AR-15, except in a far more powerful caliber!")

    ReplyDelete
  3. There was some D Congresswoman (not Feinstein or Pelosi---gray haired late 60's or older---I think maybe a East coast one) on CNN on 1/16 being interviewed celebrating the high prices of ammo, semi-autos and magazines and also the shortages. Apparently the logic is the high prices will mean fewer can afford anything.

    I wonder how many will be making minimum payments on credit cards for months or years to pay for the stuff.

    Pisses me off as I can't afford the high prices!

    For someone like me the gun grabbers are winning since I'm now priced out--assuming it can even be found....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, looking at the Gunbroker.com XM193 offerings that's not an outrageous price. E.g. cases of 1,000 rounds with multiple bids are at a bit over a dollar a round.

    I just read on John Richardson's blog that reloading is a topic of extra interest at the SHOT Show right now....

    ReplyDelete