Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Reasons Why You Should Not Be Dependent on Higher Education For Income

Peter Wood has a disturbing article in the July 23, 2012 Chronicle of Higher Education about how the higher education bubble is going to pop--and not just slowly deflate.  As much as I like teaching, I confess that articles like this make me somewhat less upset that I could never get a full-time teaching slot, nor is it ever likely.  When the unreality of the current bubble pops, a lot of people who teach full-time are going to find themselves adjuncts again.  (And those of us who are currently adjuncts will be out of work.)

1 comment:

  1. I'll wager you a steak dinner that when (not if) the higher education bubble pops they will get bailed out.

    The left will not allow reality to tear down their ivory towers.

    ReplyDelete