Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Back From D.C.

One interesting event: on the flight from Chicago to D.C., TSA did an ID check when we boarded the plane--not just at security.  I have never seen this done before, nor had other travelers with whom I spoke.  This was not just a cursory check--they were carefully comparing the picture on the ID to the person, so not security theater.  Admittedly, we're flying into D.C., but I have flown into D.C. before and not seen this done. I suspect that there is something going on at the moment that has them concerned.

4 comments:

  1. Probably a four year old girl got away from them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have flown fairly regularly for the past couple years and have seen this done on multiple occasions in multiple airports, albeit not frequently. I have also seen secondary bag checks at the gate as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. TSA did the same gate check when I flew from Milwaukee to Kansas City. It was exactly as you described, the looked at everyone's ID and boarding pass. This was only done on my flight and no earlier ones, so I'm guessing it might be a random check of some kind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe they do that when they get tired of strip searching grannies!

    ReplyDelete