Tuesday, January 4, 2011

There AreTimes I Hate Predicting The Future Well

I am going through my archived blog postings that I had to unpublish until I could review all of them for fair use (a very vaguely defined term in copyright law), and I found something that I wrote on November 4, 2008, just after the election:
There Is One Good Aspect To This Disaster

I mean, besides the end of, "America is a fiercely racist place" as the dominant theme of the left. And that is that this economic disaster which was largely (although not exclusively) the doing of Democrats, is now on their doorstep. They are going to try and blame it on Republicans, but two years from now, when Congress has finished going on a spending frenzy that will make the last four years of Republican control look pretty restrained, there won't be anyone left to blame but Democrats for failure to get out of the mess.

4 comments:

  1. All spot on except the part about the leftist meme of "America as a fiercely racist place" ending. That was just to useful to many leftists so lay it down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bombloader80: Disagree in part; sure the Leftists have continued using it, but by crying wolf too many times they've decreased the usefulness of it so much that outside of certain rarefied circles (e.g. academia) I wonder if it's doing them any good at all.

    In fact, have the "You disagree with Obama therefore you're a racist!" accusations tapered off as of late? That's my impression, but since it's formed from mostly right of center sources the sources might just have gotten tired of such "dog bites man" incidents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "The hardest thing about being a Communist is trying to predict the past."

    — Milovan Djilas

    ReplyDelete
  4. "there won't be anyone left to blame but Democrats for failure to get out of the mess."

    Naaa, they're still blaming Bush. They'll be blaming him for everthing but Continental Drift for the next century.

    ReplyDelete