Tuesday, July 28, 2026

Speech Therapy is Helping

A variety of exercises is making my speech clearer and less exhausting; the globus sensation is almost gone. This is nice because I will be speaking at the Gun Rights Policy Conference in Dallas in late September. I have been polishing my PowerPoint and rehearsing endlessly until it is so easy that I do not get nervous and try speeding my way through.

1 comment:

  1. One of the things I realized when public speaking, and watching others, who I thought were wonderful at it, is that everyone is nervous. If you can keep that from making you speed through things - that was my biggest problem - that is half the battle.

    Have water handy. The venues tend to be dry, even before the nerves make your mouth dry.

    Best of luck on the speech. And thanks for the work you do.

    ReplyDelete