Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Statistics Question

When you have a very small population (500 people) even a small number of incidents can produce an atypical rate per 100,000 people.  Over a period of several years, these atypical events tend to even out.  I suspect that there is a statistical term for describing this analytical problem.  Do you know the term?

"regression to the mean"

1 comment:

  1. I'm no statistician, but I would call that "average."