Thursday, October 21, 2021

My New Telescope Eyepiece Case Arrived

Eylar 20" case.  Now that I have, I fear I bought larger than I needed.   This is a Texas made competitor to Pelican.  (I am sure that I saw somewhere, made in Texas.  No, China.  Buy Pelican instead!)  At first inspection it seems at least comparable.  Anything that would damage my eyepieces inside would likely destroy the telescope, me, and my house at the same time!

Unlike the Pelican, it has latches on both the front and sides.

To my pleasure, the precut foam seems to be 0.5" size making for a more efficient use when making holes for both 2" and 1.25" eyepieces. 
My first thought when I saw the size was to return it and go down a size.  But I have gobs of accessories that are just out loose right now: camera adapters and suchlike that will now have a proper home where they will not get lost.  (I thought they I had misplaced the Pentax T-ring adapter and bought a new one only to rediscover it recently.) Now everything will be lost in one place!

No comments:

Post a Comment