Thursday, September 3, 2020

Sorry to All of You in the Boise Area

 It seems wherever I move suffers explosive growth in housing prices.  This area is now turning into the San Fernando Valley.  Every two-lane road in Canyon County now needs to be six lanes, because every parcel of farmland is now growing subdivisions instead of corn.  Traffic jams are becoming intolerable.  

I moved to Sonoma County and a zillion highly paid engineers followed me (some literally recruited by me into those jobs); housing skyrocketed as jobs appeared; then the billionaires and millionaires that most of my co-workers became pumped it some more.  San Jose did the same thing.  Now Boise.  I am thinking south Oregon coast next.

Now that I think of it, I became a software engineer in the 1970s before it was cool.  Am I a boom wave rider?

No comments:

Post a Comment