Friday, July 12, 2013

Last Night's Treadmill Experience

It seems that the more exercise I get on the treadmill, the less serious the breathlessness symptoms become.  I spent 65 minutes on the treadmill last night, and the breathlessness problem was of a shorter interval at each speed than the previous night.  I ended up at 3.1 mph, with no real problem.

I am really beginning to wonder if whatever this problem is can be attributed to the prolonged high blood pressure spike caused by the kidney stone, surgery, and recovery.  Perhaps I can exercise my way back to health.

4 comments:

  1. Jim Fixx thought that too Clayton. Be cautious, get your OK to exercise from your cardiologist and keep him advised.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good. Then have at it! Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exercise generally helps as long as you don't overdo it and your doctor approves.

    You'll start to build endurance and if you have any degree of coronary artery blockage, you'll start to build collateral circulation.

    Keep at it.

    ReplyDelete