Thursday, July 25, 2013

High Hopes For Tomorrow

I noticed this evening that my left arm tendonitis problem (including numbness and tingling in my thumb) which has been a problem for a couple of years now gets worse as I increase oxygen demand by increasing treadmill speed.  Perhaps caused by oxygen deprivation from the aortic valve stenosis?

Similarly, I had stopped taking Lipitor a bit more than a year ago because of muscle pain in my legs when treadmilling.  I figured the exercise was more important to cardiovascular health than the Lipitor (a judgment with which my cardiologist agrees).  But what if the real cause wasn't the Lipitor, but oxygen starvation?

Similarly, why has all this exercise resulted in so few pounds lost?  It takes oxygen to burn calories.

I have some hope that once I recover from the surgery, I will be able to actually run on the treadmill, think more clearly, and work a more than I have been able to for the last several years.  That's the ticket: 25 hours a day, 8 days a week!

UPDATE: For those who have been making contributions through PayPal -- they are greatly appreciated.  My copayment on this is probably going to be $2500 or more.

4 comments:

  1. Your cardiologist let you stop taking a statin because of muscle pain? Mine told me to deal with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not the cardiologist (who has me taking it again), but my GP. The cardiologist says CoEnzyme Q10 solves the statin pain for about half of those who experience it. But he did agree that if the choice was statins or consistent use of the treadmill, the treadmill was the better path to cardiovascular health.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you taking coq10? If so, does it help? My back is so bad in the am that I find it hard to walk.

    ReplyDelete