Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Illinois Legislature Overrides Governor's Veto of Concealed Carry Law

And that's it!  The last state with no legal method for concealed carry has been dragged, kicking and screaming, into modern times.  See this July 9, 2013 Chicago Tribune article about the governor's attempts to stop concealed carry.

It isn't a perfect law, but it is a darn sight better than what they had, and I am sure that we can improve it over the next few years.  Since this is an outgrowth of the McDonald v. Chicago (2010) decision that I played a part in making happen, all you Illinoisans can thank me profusely.  If you have a new Corvette sitting around that you don't know what else to do with it, I'll gladly take it as a thank you gift.

2 comments:

  1. A new Corvette, or even a new Kia, is far beyond my means. But if you're ever in Chicago again (I said hello at the 2nd Amendment panel at Northwestern Law School), I'll take you out for some really good and interesting food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Errr, doesn't Hawaii still limit it by statue to people in the category of armored car guards and the like? And per the GAO study that came out last summer when you did your own independent estimate of the total number licensed, don't they have precisely 0 licenses issued?

    ReplyDelete