Monday, March 26, 2012

Even ABC News Is Covering This

The U.S. has been working on a ballistic missile defense system with our European allies, primarily for protection against Iran.  The Russians don't like it, because it might impair their ability to threaten their former allies in Eastern Europe.  So what did the microphones accidentally catch Obama saying?

The exchange:
President Obama: On all these issues, but particularly missile defense, this, this can be solved but it’s important for him to give me space.
President Medvedev: Yeah, I understand. I understand your message about space. Space for you…
President Obama: This is my last election. After my election I have more flexibility.
President Medvedev: I understand. I will transmit this information to Vladimir.
Yup.  Give me after the election, when I can scrap the defense system that might be necessary if Iran gets nuclear weapons, and to make it easier for Russia to threaten its former allies into submission.  What amazes me is that there is not a Democratic primary challenger to this dangerous fool.

2 comments:

  1. As a side note, as I remember at least the original concept of this defense system was to also protect the US if Iran developed ICBMs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why would the democrats primary him? He's the apotheosis of their worldview.

    ReplyDelete