Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Newest Scam Form

I have been getting a lot of emails like this:
Good day,
         Regards to your company.My name is Joe Daniels,I am contacting you in regards to purchase  some  (Christmas trees) from your company.I will like you to kindly respond to me with the sizes and price of one Christmas tree including sales tax only.Kindly respond to me with the form of payment you accept also.Hope to hear from you soon with the quote may the good Lord richly bless you in abundant for your support.
Thank You.
Joe Daniels
I just can't figure out how to get one in a business envelope, or I would take advantage of this opportunity.

2 comments:

  1. I've been getting these for a couple of years now.

    Not for Christmas trees but for other stuff. Usually something that is mentioned on my site like vibratory feeder bowls (I offer training) or "Henry Ford" (I have a chapter from one of Ford's books on the site)I once had one that wanted to buy auto glass from me.

    I have no idea what they are trying to do or how the scam works.

    I once created a Hotmail account to respond and carried on an exchange of 3-4 emails that left me even more confused than when I started.

    I would be interested to know what they are trying to do. If you find out, it would make an interesting post.

    John Henry

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would assume it's the now-common trick of arranging to pay by a cashier's check drawn on a foreign bank, where after several weeks the check is dishonored.

    ReplyDelete