Sunday, March 20, 2011

Domain Expiration

Network Solutions failed to email me that my domain claytoncramer.com was expiring (or at least, I never received notification).  This is causing considerable frustration right now.

UPDATE: They were supposed to send me an email for getting access to my account at Network Solutions--no such luck.  I was able to figure out how to renew without getting into my account--but I am going to definitely look at moving my domain registrar when this comes up for renewal next year.

4 comments:

  1. I've got all my domains with Go Daddy now. Their interface is a pain in the arse sometimes, but I don't have to get in there all that much.

    Then just set them to auto-renew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can probably find a cheaper registrar almost anywhere than Network Solutions. I use Directnic. GoDaddy's popular and inexpensive, although you might not like them due to their somewhat racy commercials.

    One advantage of Directnic (well, one one level, heh) is they just about carpet-bomb you with renewal notices. I think I get them at something like 90, 60, 30, 15, 7, and 1 days.

    Might consider renewing for a multi-year period, or putting a reminder for yourself in Outlook or whatever calendar program you use, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use godaddy.com and like it. They send plenty of renewal reminders. You can move the unexpired part of a registration to a different registrar (applies to godaddy, at least) at any time; you don't have to wait for expiry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had 40 domains with Go Daddy at one point.
    I have always found their service to be excellent.

    ReplyDelete