Monday, August 7, 2006

Three Nights of Breathe Right Strips

First of all, there are two sizes of Breathe Right strips: one for small/medium noses, and one for large noses. I originally bought the small/medium size; I have a large nose, although on the small end of the large strip size. At this point, I have used these for three nights, the first of which was with the small/medium size.

There's no question that I am sleeping better with these. I either have not woken up at all during the night, or perhaps once (last night). Ordinarily, I wake up two or three times a night. I usually go right back to sleep, but waking is almost certainly a result of the obstructive sleep apnea, and thus a sign of impaired sleep.

I am definitely feeling more energetic when I am awake. When I first wake up, I do not bounce right out of bed (as I usually do) but since I feel so much better when I am finally up, this is a reasonable trade-off. It may be that I am coming out of deeper sleep using the Breathe Right strips, and thus it takes longer me to get fully awake.

My sinuses are definitely clearing more during the night, which may be a big part of the improvement in sleep quality. The appointment for the CPAP titration study isn't until early September, so I may wait another week or two to cancel that.

No comments:

Post a Comment