Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Done For the Day

 

West Palm Beach, Fla. (1958)

10/17/1958: The mother, 40, left a suicide note:

 

I can't talk so I'll write I can’t do it alone. I can't stay boxed any longer.  The children and I don't fit anywhere.  We're not really wanted … I tried but I never really had a chance.

"It's all sham and pretense.  I am second to TV and books.  I am supposed to be well off.  But I have nothing to say about how I live every day of my life.

 

She shot to death her three kids and then herself.  Her husband returned home with a 1959 model station wagon as a birthday present to find the tragedy.

Category: family

Suicide: yes

Cause: mental illness?

Weapon: firearm[1]



[1] "'Bored' Mother Kills Three Children Self," [Evansville, Ind.] Evansville Courier and Press, Oct. 18, 1958, 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment