Gov. Little has largely exempted worship services from gathering bans. I agree with his decision, but that does not mean you need to be stupid. At least do not be Emperor Newsom of California.
Conservative. Tennessee (now). Ex-Idaho. Software engineer. Historian. Trying to prevent Idiocracy from becoming a documentary.
Email complaints/requests about copyright infringement to clayton @ claytoncramer.com. Reminder: the last copyright troll that bothered me went bankrupt.
Thursday, November 19, 2020
Don't Be Stupid
A church we attend had outdoor seating, so there was limited exposure risk. Then the weather got too cold to sit outside, so wait until spring. But they had a wedding and two of those involved now have COVID-19. One guy is a car mechanic, and when he unexpectedly collapsed at work, a co-worker caught him before he hit the ground. Some of those at the wedding then flew home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It's really a tough issue. Church is not just about worshiping, but also about being with people. Plus, it usually involves singing, which is a very good way to spread the virus to a lot of people.
ReplyDeleteWe gave up going to mass back at the end of February due to COVID19, which really hurts. I am a choir member, too. But our church is meeting in a temporary structure - two classrooms with the adjoining wall removed - because the real church burned down over a year ago.
If I was confident in the ventilation, and the behavior of parishioners, I'd go back. But, I'm not. Plus, our case rate is way up again.
So, we attend virtually - via Zoom or, for the Bishop's mass across town, via our DVR from over-the-air broadcast.