Thursday, April 3, 2014

Crimethink! You Are Fired!

Someone contributed money to an initiative campaign many years ago.  The initiative won.  Now a major corporation is firing someone for having taken that action.  And this isn't a little guy, either, that they are firing for thinking differently.
SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Mozilla Chief Executive Brendan Eich has stepped down, the company said on Thursday, after an online dating service urged a boycott of the company's web browser because of a donation Eich made to opponents of gay marriage.
The software company came under fire for appointing Eich as CEO last month. In 2008, he gave money to oppose the legalization of gay marriage in California, a hot-button issue especially at a company that boasts about its policy of inclusiveness and diversity.
"We didn't act like you'd expect Mozilla to act," wrote Mozilla Executive Chairwoman Mitchell Baker in a blog post. "We didn't move fast enough to engage with people once the controversy started. We're sorry."
Yes, Mozilla is big on inclusiveness and diversity, except if that diversity upsets the gay mafia.  I use Firefox and Thunderbird at home.  But that is about to change.

UPDATE: I now use Chrome.  I use Chrome at work because it has a very nice Javascript debugger in it.  (And Brendan Eich invented Javascript.)  Not quite sure what to replace Thunderturd with yet.

UPDATE 2: And the homosexual insistence that there is our way, or the highway, continues.  From April 3, 2014 ABC News:
A World Vision board member has resigned in protest after the Christian aid group quickly reversed its decision to hire employees in same-sex marriages.
Jacquelline Fuller, director of corporate giving for Google Inc., said in an email Wednesday to The Associated Press that she remains a "huge fan" of the group's work on behalf of the poor, but she resigned Friday "as I disagreed with the decision to exclude gay employees who marry."
She declined to comment further.
UPDATE 3: You want to know how fascist liberalism has become?  
As Maggie Gallagher noted on the Corner, thousands [of Mozilla employees] have signed a petition calling for new Mozilla CEO Brendan Eich to either openly endorse gay marriage or be fired. 
It is a good thing that Brendan (who I knew from years ago in Silicon Valley) didn't decide that it was okay to fire everyone at Mozilla that contributed to the No on 8 campaign.  Of course, that would be illegal under the Unruh Civil Rights Act.  As was forcing Eich out.

UPDATE 4: It appears that Eich was outed about his contribution by an unlawful IRS leak of the tax return of the National Organization for Marriage (who ran the Prop. 8 campaign).  The homofascism is very deep.

9 comments:

  1. I may change, too. What are the options? Not IE, and probably not Chrome, for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use Opera as my primary browser (12.16 - the newer versions are chrome-based), and it's great. The site that give it trouble usually have too much advertising or other distractions from actual content.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You might get a laugh out of this. I did.

    These folks are testing the limits of my tolerance, because I don't tolerate intolerance. Hell, if gun folks got this worked up about anyone who donated money to the other side, we'd never be able to hold down jobs. At some point you just have to live and let live.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I already had Chrome installed, and started using it a bit. Then I saw a reference to "Pale Moon," a Firefox derivative. I'm using that for now. One advantage: Pale Moon has a profile migration tool that migrates everything -- bookmarks, history, passwords...everything -- from Firefox to Pale Moon. Migrating bookmarks to Chrome was not hard, but starting all over with passwords was going to be tedious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Opera has a "Thunderturd" replacement built in. I'm not a fan of Opera's half-hearted bookmark support, though.

    Right now I'm using Chrome while I try out Chromium and SR Iron. I haven't decided on my new browser yet, but it won't be Firefox (which I've used since the days when it was called Phoenix and before).

    I find the "TOLERANCE OR ELSE" crowds' lack of tolerance ... disturbing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I moved to Chrome months ago [and Chromium on Ubuntu] after Firefox kept crashing. Pale Moon is a Firefox variant, I installed it the other day, it seems to work OK.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I switched to Comodo Dragon (based on Chrome) and so far am happy with it. Lots faster than Firefox, at least for me.

    Regarding the donations release on Eich, I heard it was State of California and not IRS who released. It was also apparently legal for the state to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got hooked on Maxthon browser a long time ago, and have found no reason to change.

    Sadly, my favourite version was way back v.2; Maxthon lately is up to v4.3.2.1000. The old version used to open EVERY link in a new tab, but somehow that got lost in the updates.

    I just can't get used to other browsers, after using Maxthon they all seem like too much work.

    --Eskyman

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm about to do a new build in time for WinXPdammerung. Thinking that good ol' IE 64-bit might outperform Firefox 32-bit.

    ReplyDelete