Saturday, June 8, 2013

"It's Like a CGI Rainbow"

We have had the most intense rainbows that I have ever seen at our new house.  We had one on May 28th that was so shockingly intense -- in a way that the attached photos can only hint at -- that my son said that it did not look real: "It's like a CGI rainbow!"  The following pictures have not been enhanced in any way -- straight out of the Pentax K10D.  We had double rainbows that stretched unbroken from horizon to horizon.







This picture is especially amazing -- the violet end of the rainbow seemed to have some sort of multiple layers of color to it.  I have never seen anything like this.



The rainbow is such an astonishingly beautiful and unexpected apparition: you can see why Genesis 9:12-17 describes the rainbow this way:

12 And God said, “This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: 13 I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. 14 Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, 15 I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. 16 Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth.”

No comments:

Post a Comment