Friday, April 22, 2011

I Can Do It A Lot Cheaper

Instapundit links to an ABA Journal item about how it costs about $100,000 for top law professors to write a law review article.  While I am skeptical of the assumptions behind that $100,000 per law review article published (that half of a law professor's time each year is spent on research and writing), my only reaction is: why are they so inefficient?  I occasionally write law review articles that have an influence--and I could whip out five or six of them a year, if someone was paying me to do that full-time.  It would be so interesting and so much fun, it would not take $100,000 a year to persuade me to do it, either.

I was surprised to find out that many law schools actually compensate their professors for getting law review articles published.  I wish it worked that way for non-law professors!

No comments:

Post a Comment