Friday, December 10, 2010

One Of Those Dilemmas,,,

There's a Mexican food chain in Minnesota that has greatly upset illegal immigration groups because they are... GASP... following federal law.  The government is doing an I-9 audit on employees.  (The I-9 is the form that you have fill out when you take a job, asserting that you have a legal right to work in the U.S.)  It appears that a consequence of the audit is the employer, Chipotle's, is firing employees who can't demonstrate that they told the truth about their employment status.

Some commenters are absolutely thrilled about this, and are indicating that Chipotle's has their business.  Others are pointing out that Chipotle's has a prohibition on concealed weapon permit holders.  What to do, what to do?  Which takes precedence?  I guess what I be forced to do is leave my gun in the car, and tell the manager that I did so--and tell him that I would be there twice as often if not for their silly rules.

1 comment:

  1. I'd not eat there. Their reaction to the immigration thing appears to be out of self-preservation rather than 'doing the right thing'.

    If they were interesting in doing the right thing without coercion, they'd not have a no-guns policy.

    The ones here do not have any sort of signage that I've seen. If they did, in Florida it's non-binding but I'd still not give them my business.

    ReplyDelete