Friday, August 13, 2010

MyEclipse & Subversion Tags/Branches

I'm trying to find some useful explanation of how to use Subversion tags and branches in MyEclipse.  This document seems to indicate that I need to install Subclipse to take advantage of all these wonderful features--but Subclipse is already installed, or I wouldn't be able to use Subversion.  At the same time, I can see in in the Team Branch/Tag command that there is some support in place.

I know that a Subversion tag (equivalent to a label in most SCMs) is really just a copy of all the revisions.  It would be useful if someone could point me to a document describing each of the steps in the Branch/Tag command.  I'm impressed at how much stuff there is out there not really on topic.

UPDATE: Here's a good explanation of what you have to do to create branches.

No comments:

Post a Comment