Saturday, August 3, 2019

That Monitor Flicker/Color Problem

It does seem to be the SVGA cable is not staying tight.  Next step is trying a different SVGA cable.  Fortunately, I have at least one spare cable for everything for the last 20 years.  At first glance the missing red problem is solved.  I will wait a day or two before discarding the suspect cable.

Because this ancient Viewsonic rotates for portrait mode, I tried it.  For Word documents, this looks like it might be very nice.

I have seen loss of red once, but it went away when I hand tightened the screws.  Being in potrait mode may help by reducing gravity's pull on the plug.  (Putting the plug on the bottom means it is also a nuisance to plugin.)  I think I will use one of my precision screwdrivers to tighten the screws a bit more and see if this helps in landscape mode.

No comments:

Post a Comment